The Alexapure Pro water filter system is a gravity-powered countertop solution for clean, safe water. The system holds up to 2.25 gallons of fresh, purified water. Each Alexapure Pro system comes with the company’s exclusive Alexapure® gravity block filter with its hybrid ceramic shell. The single filter system meets NSF/ANSI Standards and uses NSF/FDA approved materials.
What I like about this system is that it removes 99.9999% of 206 different contaminants. That’s a lot more unwanted ingredients being removed than other systems can clean.
Overview of Alexapure Pro Filter
The Alexapure Pro system is somewhat unique in that it uses only one filter to remove all the contaminants in the water. Many other systems use two, three, or even four filters to accomplish the same task. The filter was designed and built by Matt Redhawk. Matt wanted his brand-new baby to drink only pure water. After investigating several countertop filter products over the years, Matt decided they weren’t good enough for his baby so he created his own product.
What Matt came up with was a very dense Carbon Block filter design that incorporates a unique ceramic hybrid material. This filter design differs from Reverse Osmosis filter designs and provides a much longer filter life cycle. Alexapure requires filter changes after 6,000 gallons of use which is much longer than most competitive products.
What You Get With Alexapure Pro
Purchasers of the Alexapure Pro filter system receive the following items with their system:
- Stainless Steel Upper Chamber
- Stainless Steel Lower Chamber
- Stainless Steel Lid with Knob
- Spigot Assembly
- Food-grade Nitrile/Silicon Rubber Plugs
- Non-slip Black Rubber Base Ring
- Assembly Instructions
How The Alexapure Pro Filter Works
The Alexapure Pro Carbon Block filter cleans water in a three-step process:
- Water enters the filter and passes through a filter layer made of refined cotton. The water gains a positive molecular charge. Contaminants like colloidal and bacterial materials have a negative molecular charge and the filter absorbs these materials as they pass through the first stage.
- The second stage introduces the water to an extremely dense block of activated carbon and polyethylene. Microscopic organisms, asbestos, and other particulates are removed. The process changes the molecular structure of chemicals and minerals like chlorine and lead as well as pesticides. This stage also removes Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) like paint, cleaning, and cosmetic compounds frequently found in tap water.
- The last stage of filtering is the pharmaceutical-grade post filter which seals the carbon block off and keeps it intact between the tank housing and the filter itself. This protects the carbon as well as extends the filter’s life.
Alexapure Pro Test Results
According to Envirotek Laboratories, Inc. the Alexapure Pro produced the following test report conclusion:
“The Alexapure Filter Element was tested for Microbiological Reduction following the NSF protocol P231 for a total volume of 200 gallons. The filter element was challenged with tap water adjusted and spiked with Bacteria (Klebsiella); Virus (Rotavirus); and Polystyrene Microspheres (Cryptosporidium, Giardia lamblia) and tested using Standard Methods for the Examination of Water. The Alexapure filter element qualifies as a microbiological water purifier set forth by the NSF protocol P231 for 200 gallons.”
Alexapure Pro Customer Reviews from Amazon
Customers who purchased the Alexapure Pro have this to say about it:
- “It’s easy to put together. No more hard water, fluoride, etc. I’m using one filter at the moment. The water is silky almost like drinking distilled water. There are no smells or odd tastes. I drink a lot of water & it’s nice to drink from a stainless steel tank rather than a plastic Brita or plastic jug, even if it claims to be BPA-free.”
- Karen – 5.0 out of 5 stars – Wow! Our great tasting well water now tastes even fresher!
- “We have well water, which actually tastes really good to begin with, but knowing there could be a lot of toxins and heavy metals in our water we don’t even know about, this just seems like a really good idea. Our great tasting well water now tastes even better! It’s just pure, clean and fresh tasting. On top of that, if, for some reason, we don’t have access to our well water some day from an electrical outage or something else, it’s good to know that we could use this with river water, rain water, lake water, etc., and end up with good drinking water.”
Pros and Cons of Alexapure Pro
The Alexapure Pro countertop water filter has some clear advantages and a few less-advantageous aspects to it:
- Filter capacity of up to 5,000 gallons
- Stainless Steel construction
- Easy assembly
- Low maintenance
- Gravity powered
- Extended filter life with daily use
- Replacement filters are simple to install
- Spigot at counter height – must purchase a separate stand or position unit at the edge of the counter.
- Can’t see water level – stainless steel construction prevents observation of water tank level.
- Water sometimes filters slowly.
What To Consider Before Purchasing an Alexapure Pro
The Alexapure Pro 2.25-gallon water capacity provides plenty of water for drinking, cooking, or watering the plants. It’s best for families and small offices. For larger families or offices, this unit may be smaller than needed.
Listed below are several areas to think about before purchasing:
The cost of the Alexapure Pro is around $300 and includes the base package items. After looking around the internet, I found the price to be competitive with other similar types of countertop water filter systems.
The cost of replacement filters is around $100 and when you consider that many other filter systems have two, three, and even four filters to clean water, the cost of replacing filters is much less with the Alexapure Pro system.
Who Should Buy the Alexapure Pro Filter System
The Alexapure water filter is designed for low-capacity usage by small families or offices. The filtering process can take some time to complete so it is not good for a high-use environment. Additional filters can be added to the base unit which will filter water faster than a single filter cartridge.
The market for countertop water filtration systems is filled with domestic and off-shore products. As far as I could tell, the Alexapure Pro cleaned water as well or better than some competitors and it had received certifications from nationally and internationally-recognized certification agencies.
Compared to comparably priced competitors like the Big Berkey, the Alexapure Pro is a good value.
Alexapure Pro Features and Benefits
Looking over the product and its capabilities, I find the following features to be of the greatest value and significance:
- Stainless Steel construction requires little maintenance and looks great on the countertop.
- Easy assembly means the filter is up and running in no time.
- Filter replacement is easy and uncomplicated.
- Long filter life saves time and money.
- Carbon Block filter purifies everything from tap water to well water and industrially-contaminated water.
Alexapure Pro Capacity
The upper and lower water tanks each hold 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters) of water.
Alexapure Pro Design and Dimension Data
The unit is designed to fit in most kitchen environments. The stacked, gravity-fed upper and lower tanks take up very little space:
- Stored Height: 14″
- Top Chamber: 10″
- Lower Chamber: 10 1/8″
- Assembled: 21 1/2″ to top of the handle
- Top Opening: 8 1/4″
- Largest Diameter: 8 7/8″
The Block Carbon filter design has been a recent development in filtration technology. Unlike Reverse Osmosis filtering used by many other manufacturers, the Alexapure Pro Block Carbon filter has been specifically designed to remove more contaminants than other filters. The design is a patented combination of compressed carbon fibers with ceramic materials incorporated to eliminate 99.9999% of unwanted contaminants.
Ease of Use and Installation
As a countertop filter system, the Alexapure Pro is simple to install. There are no water lines to connect to or electrical outlets to plug into. The gravity-feed system works anywhere without additional power or plumbing. All you do is take it out of the box, put it together, fill it up, and let it do its thing!
The Alexapure Pro is covered with a “No Questions Asked” 30-day Money-back guarantee as well as a 1-year warranty. No refunds are offered after the first 30-day period. The company does offer in-store credit on returned merchandise but does not provide cash refunds.
Made in the USA
The entire filtration system is built and assembled in the United States from materials approved by the FDA and other agencies responsible for regulating consumer products.
Alexapure Pro Alternatives
As I stated earlier, there are a lot of competitive countertop filtered water systems on the market today. I’ve found the Berkey countertop filtration system to be the closest competitor for capacity, size, filtration process, and price. The AquaTru countertop unit is a nice alternative, however, it filters only 1 gallon of water at a time and is more expensive.
Alexapure Pro Vs Berkey
The main differences between the Alexapure Pro and the Berkey products are the filtering technology. Berkey offers a broader product line than Alexapure offers with more sizes available for purchase. I found the comparable Berkey product, the Big Berkey, is sold from $278 to $388 depending upon the number of filters ordered with the unit. Berkey products use a Reverse Osmosis filtration process rather than the Block Carbon type of filter cartridge.
Berkey is definitely a top gravity filtration system alongside Alexapure Pro. You can see Berkey’s products here.
Other Water Filtration Options
For countertop solutions, there are gravity-fed designs like the Alexapure Pro as well as electrically-powered and pressurized systems that can filter water faster and with more volume.
For ease of installation, use, affordability, and maintenance, a countertop purifying system like Berkey or Alexapure Pro is a good purchase.
Consumers should determine their anticipated usage amounts to decide if the countertop Alexapure Pro system will meet their needs or if they should consider going to the next level with a whole house water filtration system.
All in all, what I found with the Alexapure Pro water filtration system was great filter technology that did a good job. The filtration process was a little slow but the water clarity and taste were perfect for me. I didn’t like that the unit had to be put up onto a stand or pushed forward to the edge of the counter to use the spigot.
I find the price is very competitive with comparable products, but I think there are better alternatives available, like the Big Berkey.